Janna Morishima is offering a free, one-year subscription to Kids Comics Studio (a value of $468). You can enter to win this spectacular deal at the Rafflecopter included at the bottom of Janna’s post: 9 Things You Need to Break Into Kids Comics by Janna Morishima
Kids Comics Studio is our private community inside Kids Comics Unite for creators who are serious about improving their work and building their careers...
Here’s what happens inside Kids Comics Studio:
- We have lunch and learn events every other week, targeted at specific practical topics, like “how to use Twitter effectively as an artist” or, “everything you need to know about distribution,” or “Amazon 101.”
See just a sampling here:
- We have monthly interviews with influential creators and industry pros, like Mark Siegel from First Second, Craig Thompson, Gene Luen Yang, etc.
- We post all the replays of past events in a comprehensive Table of Contents, so even if you missed a live session, you still have access to it.
- We have “hot seats” on a weekly basis, where you can submit anything that you want to have critiqued, and all the members of the community are invited to give you feedback on it.
- We have a monthly book club, where we focus on books that have made a big splash in the kids comics world. So it might be SMILE by Raina Telgemeier, DOG MAN by Dav Pilkey, or AMERICAN BORN CHINESE by Gene Luen Yang.
- Twice a year, I curate critique groups. If you join Kids Comics Studio this month, you have the opportunity to be matched with a critique group in October. I do my best to match you up based on the type of work you do, the age level that you’re aiming at, etc.
- We have “ask me anything” office hours. These are super fun, relaxed sessions where you can pick my brain about anything you want. And I’m not the only one who can help; other members on the call have awesome ideas and suggestions, too!
- Coming soon, as I mentioned in the Town Hall, we are going to have a talent directory, which will showcase your work for editors, art directors, and agents to browse.